It’s All About The Attitude
“Financial prosperity is one of the many ways we receive the gifts of the world, as we deliver to the world the gifts we bring from beyond it.”
~ Marianne Williamson ~
What does that word mean to you? Some may consider it a little overused these days but I disagree. The essence of the word feels, to me, that it should be used even more! For me, abundance means that my life is rich in experience, wealth, people, connection and adventure. It feels rich, just thinking about all the spokes of the wheel that go into my abundant life. But it wasn’t always that way.
Gratitude is another word that a lot of the world throws around and I would ask, do we truly understand what it means to be grateful? Maybe you do, and I encourage you that if you do, to go even deeper. If you haven’t experienced gratitude in action, trust me – it builds. It just starts with being thankful for one small thing in your life. As you start to experience gratitude, it will expand, it will grow. The challenge can be to lean into that gratitude. Really feel it. Spend a moment each day feeling that feeling. It’s the feeling part that attracts abundance.
Gratitude and abundance go hand in hand and many people write and discuss it.
Lisa Nichols is one of my favorites and Marianne Williamson’s book “The Law of Divine Compensation” is my bible for abundance. However, a few years ago I got involved in the Lucky Bitch Money Bootcamp and wow, what an eye opener. I didn’t realize that there were so many stories behind my money situation, and that I could change that.
Stories are like onions – you get through one and there’s another layer sitting there.
Having worked in the corporate world, specifically in the money industry, I saw money as a finite resource as well as a very masculine energy. It took some unravelling of stories I had created to get to the root of my challenges and then work my way through them. All challenges present their own individual obstacles but what I found was when I returned to gratitude and forgiveness, I could work through the story and create a replacement affirmation for that story. This was pretty freaking exciting and I became dedicated to this work. It forms part of my daily practice and the abundance that has flowed into my life as a result is incredible.
During all of this learning, several lessons became the foundation on which I was able to move forward confidently and I’m pleased to share them with you.
– expressing and feeling gratitude daily is the essence of attracting abundance into your life. It is the foundation practice.
– expressing what you want to happen like it already has happened. Replacing the negative money stories you are cycling through with positive affirmations.
– envisioning a life where you are grateful and overflowing in abundance. What does it look like? What does it feel like? What does it smell like? Who are you and how do you feel?
I can see looking back that adopting these 3 practices and integrating them into my life allowed me to prosper and they supported me as I moved from scarcity and fear to abundance and bliss.
And now, it is your turn! If you feel like you are craving abundance but do not quite understand how to get it, start by integrating these practices into your life and acknowledge the shift as it happens.
- Ask yourself what your parents attitude, thoughts and words were around money. Have you carried those forward into your life? Journal on this. Replace a negative story with a positive affirmation. One at a time.
- Moments of daily gratitude. Just find one thing your grateful for and three reasons why. Write it down and then close your eyes and feel it.
- Download a meditation app and look for a meditation that includes a future visioning. Mindvalley have a great app called Abundance Magnet and the meditation with Vishen Lakhiani is awesome.
Share your story with your world. Inspire others! And if you want support, join us in Business Besties, where we work together to create abundance in our lives!